Page 17

Mikka

Re: Page 17

Post by Mikka » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Ah, now I understand! Thank you for claring that up. I figured the largest circle had tp be the sun. That’s where my confusion came from. =)
CHIKN

Post by CHIKN » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 pm

jayy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:49 am
Spoiler!
these 8 circles -- spheres? -- are universally known...
Spoiler!
I love the puns! :lol:
The Smithy

Post by The Smithy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 pm

This it my favorite one so far.
L.E9128

Post by L.E9128 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:57 am

Tallis wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:04 pm
Mikka wrote:Could someone please explain how this puzzle works? I have completed it. I know what the right answer is. But I do not understand the reason why this is the right answer.

I thought it was about the size of the ‘spheres’. But the answer does not add up to the sizes. What is the right reason behind the answer?
This big, fat, spoiler below explains the entire puzzle, its meaning, and its solution. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE SOLUTION AND ANSWER!!!
Spoiler!
While admittedly it is not a diagram perfectly to scale, it is a representation of the 8 planets in our solar system in order from the sun from top to bottom: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune (Pluto has been omitted since it was 'reclassified' as a dwarf-planet some years ago). The topmost planet (Mercury) is the smallest in the solar system and is the smallest circle of the group. The fifth from the top (Jupiter) is the largest in the solar system and is the largest circle of the group.

The fourth circle from the top is darker than the rest and is obviously meant to be highlighted -- hence the solution lies in what the fourth circle represents, which is Mars.
So technically.... The fact that the planet is black, it had nothing to do with the fact that i searched "show me the darkest planet" just because it was highlighted???? It still makes no sense, I mean I had the idea right, I was like OK their planets, OK, let's name these planets, hence I named them all wrong cus I didn't think "oh they're in order in this book" I thought they were all scattered, and I'm over here comparing sizes one by one, and naming them all out of order. And then I think to myself "OK so Pluto is left out... So pluto was just named the 'dwarf planet' no longer a planet... So it must be Pluto!" now you say it was the highlighted planet..... Wow.... I feel so..... Lame, I made it such a big complicated puzzle.
DragonFinder1st

Post by DragonFinder1st » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:37 pm

Spoiler!
mark watney and his potatoes
lea_atkinson

Post by lea_atkinson » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:59 am

miguelmateosg wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 am With all the aliens drawings in the previous pages, I went straight to "crop circles" ... which is obviously not the answer. We have the answer now, no worries, but I thought it was funny :lol:
😂 have to say that gave me a good giggle 😂