page six? I’ve been trying for days.

Lindsey

page six? I’ve been trying for days.

Post by Lindsey » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Any help with page 6? I’ve read all the hints, but my brain doesn’t understand this one.
Valen

Re: page six? I’ve been trying for days.

Post by Valen » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi Lindsey,
Spoiler!
The hint at the bottom of the clue page says that ‘something is wrong’. The clue diagram could have several things wrong, but the easiest thing to check is the number.
Spoiler!
First you need to recognise what the number is. It’s well-known to mathematicians. If you type the first few (4 or so should do it) digits into a search engine, you should be able to find out.
Don’t read the next bit until you’ve done the above steps.
Spoiler!
Next, count the digits of the number in the puzzle. As you now know, the number is Pi. Pi has been calculated to a huge amount of digits, some people have put this online. You’ll only need Pi to 30 digits. Compare Pi from the website with the number in the book.
Spoiler!
You should have found 4 digits that are wrong in the book. Generally we take numbers from left to write or in a clockwise direction. You have a choice - use the wrong numbers from the book or use the corrected form from the internet.
Spoiler!
The corrected numbers are the solution.
Your answer should be: (only read this after trying the options above)
Spoiler!
Kathleen

Re: page six? I’ve been trying for days.

Post by Kathleen » Wed May 24, 2023 1:58 am

At the top, you’ll see 3.1415. From high school math, you should know that’s the beginning of pi. Look up pi and compare the official pi numbers to the numbers on the circle. You’ll find some are incorrect.