Page 48

rare_bird

Re: Page 48

Post by rare_bird » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:12 pm

i’m at a complete loss here. i know what the definition refers to but have no clue how to decipher the symbols on the pillar. the symbols look like letters or parts of letters but the previous hints suggest that they correspond to numbers. any hints on what to do with the symbols? i don’t see how the definition is involved.
Bexamut

Post by Bexamut » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Spoiler!
think about what can be represented by those symbols
rare_bird wrote:i’m at a complete loss here. i know what the definition refers to but have no clue how to decipher the symbols on the pillar. the symbols look like letters or parts of letters but the previous hints suggest that they correspond to numbers. any hints on what to do with the symbols? i don’t see how the definition is involved.
ludovda

Post by ludovda » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm

From Belgium, i have the book since 2 weeks. Seems much too late for you, folks.....Stuck at 48. I think i understand the idea. Time, clock etc.. But cannot create correct code. American time notation? I thave 5 digits. Is that correct?
Cheezeret

Post by Cheezeret » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:40 pm

ludovda wrote:From Belgium, i have the book since 2 weeks. Seems much too late for you, folks.....Stuck at 48. I think i understand the idea. Time, clock etc.. But cannot create correct code. American time notation? I thave 5 digits. Is that correct?
Spoiler!
You may not have enough. Look again at the symbols and their length.
hsdracing

Post by hsdracing » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Any extra clues? I don't get the symbols
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 pm

I overthought this puzzle way to much and did a forehead slap because the answer was so easy and 'right there' the whole time. Below is a graded hint system leading to the solution.
Spoiler!
1) The 5 block-line symbols are the answer. You have to figure out numbers associated with each symbol. Everything else is really unnecessary and a distractor, except for the text which is your clue to knowing what the symbols represent.
Spoiler!
2) The text is a definition of the word 'time', and the symbols are representations of hands on a clock face. The little hand and the big hand are both represented.
Spoiler!
3) From top to bottom, the first symbol is in a '3 o'clock' pattern, so the first symbol is 3. The 4th is tricky as it is only the large hand because the small hand is conceivably hidden behind it when it is 12 o'clock. The 4th symbol is 12
And the final answer is:
Spoiler!
4) 392126