Five letters word?
Alex52

Re: Page 74

Post by Alex52 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Got it
deadman88

Post by deadman88 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:54 am

This is ridiculous. Not belittling the puzzle, but it is 1 of the puzzles that is unclear and I still can't see a single thing even after following the hints. Someone please PM me to offer help, thanks
nicomo

Post by nicomo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:18 am

Spoiler!
To make it super clear, try dragging (or folding) both outer page corners down to form two triangles, stopping at the white gap that you can see on the far right of the page. Fold the bottom corner up until the triangle's edge reaches the bottom of the white gap. Fold the top corner down until the triangle's edge reaches the top of the white gap. Now you should see a word in the gap between the two folded triangles you just made.
If it's still not clear, then:
Spoiler!
Take any scrap paper and cover the whole area (horizontally) above the aforementioned white gap, and another scrap paper and cover the whole area (horizontally) below the aforementioned white gap. There is a word in the uncovered space, read horizontally across the page.
deadman88

Post by deadman88 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:34 am

I tried that already, the issue is I can't see a thing. What i saw is only
Spoiler!
unise3ni
nicomo

Post by nicomo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:19 pm

I tried that already, the issue is I can't see a thing. What i saw is only
Spoiler!
unise3ni
That's close!
Spoiler!
It's a 6-letter word. You have two more characters than what is needed - don't count the white gap itself as a letter. There are no numbers in the word, so try converting the number you have there to a letter.
And this one gives it away completely so don't use it unless it's a last resort:
Spoiler!
What is an antonym of seen?
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:05 am

This puzzle, despite being pretty straightforward, is tricky and confusing because of it's poor design and initially unhelpful clue. Below are some graded hints leading to the solution, which is a common 6-letter word.
Spoiler!
The page is essentially a center section of decorative lines in a regular pattern, with two darker design figures (at the top and bottom) that could be thought of as movable covers that can slide over the center section, covering it up to any degree you wish.
Spoiler!
The clue says to 'drag'. This is intended to get you to mentally slide the top cover down and obscure a large portion of the center pattern. Likewise, mentally slide the bottom cover up to obscure a large portion of the center pattern. As you do, you will focus on less and less of the center pattern until the lines in the pattern begin to resemble letters of a 6-letter word.
Spoiler!
Notice that on the left and right sides of the page, just off center, are 2 white spaces or breaks in the border that surrounds the center decorative pattern. Cover/obscure the portions of the center pattern that lie above and below those white gaps. You will be left with only a strip of the center pattern to look at, and the lines will quickly reveal themselves as individual letters.

And the solution is below. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER!!
Spoiler!
unseen
Widget

Post by Widget » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:58 pm

initseeker wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 am
Spoiler!
see the white gap on the far right? Cover everything above and below that gap
Thank you for the help. I see it now!
Gary

Post by Gary » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:51 am

Generally, these journals are interesting and rewarding. However, this is one problem (of a handful) where the print quality is so appalling, or the symbols are so inaccurate and misleading, that it is not clever - it's just annoying.
Although the process to reveal the solution is a reasonable challenge to decipher, despite knowing the correct approach and what to look for, the revelation is not an accurate depiction of either letters or numbers.
Even when I know what is to be seen, it is UNSEEN.
This journal should do better if it is intended to be a fair and reasonable stimulus to intellect, lateral thinking, creativity and fun.