Page 74

Influenza

Re: Page 74

Post by Influenza » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:56 pm

Yeah. This puzzle could have been done better. In no font ever seen anywhere is an N shaped like this. The use of diagonal in the S and not in the N also makes it worse because the “font” has diagonals. And the thicker lines also don’t help. If you assume the thicker upper/lower lines are there to get you to drag up to half the thickness then you really are stuck.
I think I prefer the straight up logic puzzles more than the ones that make we try to read intentionally obscured letters/numbers (to the point of unreadability).
smcclenaghan

Post by smcclenaghan » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:01 am

My thoughts on this one.

This was the first puzzle I ALMOST resorted to online clues for but got it JUST before I was about to give in.

Some things which made this more confusing than other puzzles:
Spoiler!
1. One letter in the answer is backwards so I immediately ruled it out.
2. Three of the remaining letters are passable but slightly a stretch.
3. "Drag" got most folks I think, folding the page. That's definitely what I did for about an hour or so before I finally decided, there was no clear word in it.
4. Sliding the bottom door "up" leaves you with beveling that doesn't match. If the artist had matched this, I think that would have made this puzzle a little less arbitrary.
5. I think if the bottom Drag had been upside down, the intent would be a little clearer too.
vasilaum

Post by vasilaum » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:25 pm

Spoiler!
I figured it out without even resorting to dragging anything. Just try to read what is spelled horizontally starting from the blank space on the left and ending on the blank space on the right.