Page 35

Tallis

Re: Page 35

Post by Tallis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Here are four graded hints leading to the solution
Spoiler!
1) You can ignore the black background, the symbol at the top, and the adornments around each of the five white rectangles as irrelevant to the solution. All that matters here is the 5 white rectangles and their positioning on the page.
Spoiler!
2) To solve this puzzle, you will need this page and the one right behind it (puzzle 36). Notice how large the letters are in the caption for puzzle 36? And the text is (not coincidentally) positioned right behind where the white rectangles are in puzzle 35.
Spoiler!
3) Hold the pages for 35 and 36 tight together, and then hold (only) those two up to a bright light so you can see certain letters from the text of puzzle 36 shine through the rectangles of puzzle 35
And the solution:
Spoiler!
4) The letters-- from top to bottom and left to right-- spell 'relic'
Drizzt2dope

Post by Drizzt2dope » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 am

Spoiler!
I'm kind of over these "puzzles" it requires too much guess work and random trials. That's not how puzzles and riddles work. There are no hints on these pages that would have you expect to do this. There have been a handful like this so far.
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:27 am

Yeah--the puzzles do challenge you to think more out of the box than ever before and really stretch you in novel ways from a critical thinking standpoint. . .
jhellrung

Post by jhellrung » Sun May 22, 2022 6:38 am

Spoiler!
Based on what I'm reading here, the printing of my copy of the book seems a bit off -- each of the "windows" actually falls between 2 letters. So we were left trying to figure out how to correlate each pair of letters with the direction of the "fork" on each "window".
Catsplat

Post by Catsplat » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:09 am

This has to be one of the most obscure clues ever!!! I only solved this by checking hints on here. What on earth are those little things supposed to be??? They reminded me of film negatives. Sorry but this is a crazy one!!!