Page 22

Deepthinker

Re: Page 22

Post by Deepthinker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 am

yoda wrote:Dummies' Guide to Page 22. This is telling you precisely how to solve the puzzle because I do not know how I can make it clearer without just telling you.

However, I am breaking this up into a few stages to try and keep the mystery...
Spoiler!
The top two words you are given are BEAM and CORD. The two lines are drawn between B and C and E and O.

B E A M
C O R D

How are these connected?
Try the above spoiler before opening this one!
Spoiler!
Answer: They're connected like this.
B E A M
| | | |
C O R D
Try the above spoiler before opening this one!
Spoiler!
Still don't get it?

Draw lines between letters that you can draw an orthogonal line between in the grid of sixteen letters that make up the two keys you've added and the two words supplied.
Done that and still don't get it?
Spoiler!
You should have a 3 digit number in front of you. Type it in.
Im sorry, but I'm still not getting it! Right now I'm feeling really thick..... I looked up orthogonal line (just to check I was on the right track) still nothing.... Please help.....
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:06 am

Below are graded hints leading to the solution. It assumes you know keys 20 and 21. If you don't know them then don't continue.
Spoiler!
1) This puzzle involves you using the relationships between the letters of four key words at the bottom of the page, and then drawing lines on the letter grid that reflect those relationships to graphically create the answer for the puzzle, which is a 3 digit code.
Spoiler!
2) insert the key words for 20 and 21 in the spaces below BEAM and CORD. This will make a 4 word matrix of:
BEAM
CORD
ENVY
CULT
Spoiler!
3) Draw 4 vertical lines through the matrix, from the B in BEAM to the C in CULT, from the E in BEAM to the U in CULT, and from the A to L and M to T in the same fashion.
Spoiler!
4) The vertical lines represent the relationships between adjacent letters that you need to plot on the grid. The first 3 are done for you to teach you the pattern: B (in BEAM) relates to C (in CORD) and a line connects those letters on the grid. E and O are connected, and A and R are connected as well. Continue with all vertical pairings of all adjacent letters, drawing lines on the grid accordingly. Start with M and D (in BEAM and CORD), then do C and E (from CORD and ENVY), O and N, R and V, and and D and Y.
Spoiler!
5) Finish with the ENVY and CULT pairings: E and C, N and U, V and L, and Y and T. As you draw lines on the grid that match each pair, a 3 digit number will manifest itself on the grid:
And the final answer is:
Spoiler!
bardie

Post by bardie » Tue May 26, 2020 9:24 pm

rachaelsdaddy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 am Whiskey tango foxtrot. I type in the number and it is meowing my high.
.... Am I the only one still wondering what "meowing my high" means?
Pixiegir1

Post by Pixiegir1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm

bardie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:24 pm
rachaelsdaddy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 am Whiskey tango foxtrot. I type in the number and it is meowing my high.
.... Am I the only one still wondering what "meowing my high" means?
Nope...you are not the only one :lol: Maybe was some keyboard autocorrect crazyness...but i like it! I can imagine it printed on a catlovers tshirt "Living the dream....meowing my high" :lol: