Page 30

Crazyhorse

Re: Page 30

Post by Crazyhorse » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:53 am

I agree with other comments that it looks as though there are printing issues. There appears to be about 4mm cut off the top of the page in my book, meaning that even with the correct fold it is very difficult to guess what the characters are supposed to be. Very frustrating.

I'm guessing in correctly printed books the topmost point of the triangle is displayed on the page and not sliced off?
rudyandnoodle

Post by rudyandnoodle » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Tallis wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 pm Unfortunately, I don't have my book with me, but below are some hints that I think will get you to the solution (if I remember the pages correctly from memory).
Spoiler!
First, look at the upper right-hand corner of the page. You'll notice that the artwork design has a triangularly-shaped area in white in that corner (like you could fold the page corner down as if you're saving your place in the book). That's the fold you'll be making on the page to get the answer, which is ultimately a 6-digit number. If you fold the corner down, you would naturally see anything printed on the upper left corner of the next page, because when you fold the corner down you see the portion of what's on the opposite face of the page.
Spoiler!
Second, know that to get the answer, you'll be folding down not just the one page corner, but several of them together. Flip through a couple of pages after page 30. As you do, look for anything in the upper-left corner of the left-most page (the one with the QR code on it) that resembles a triangular-shaped design like the one on page 30. I can't remember the exact page, but it's not much later -- like page 32 or 33 or so.
Spoiler!
Third, when you find the other page corner, go back to page 30 and pinch the couple of pages together. Then fold the several page corners down along the hypotenuse of the white triangle on page 30. As you do, you will see what's printed on the upper-left hand corner of the other page (again it might be 33, but I forget).
Spoiler!
Lastly, when you have folded and creased the pages, the designs on pg 30 and the folded designs on pg 33 (if that's the correct page) will match up and look very similar. Written on the left hand side of the triangle (half on 30 and half on 33) is a series of scripted numbers -- 6 of them. That is your answer.
Also, you can look at my spoiler post a few posts up from this one to get the specific answer you need. . .
I don't know what you're talking about when you say the number has 6 digits. It has 5. But anyway thanks for helping me work it out. Oh yeah also the first number of the 5 digit code is quite difficult to see.
DarkHorse

Complete Image

Post by DarkHorse » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Missing Triangle
Spoiler!
https://www.instagram.com/stories/0vergeek/2487320674566471162/
DragonFinder1st

Post by DragonFinder1st » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:32 pm

Spoiler!
top corner folds to fit the missing shape. Fold not one, but two pages
Gary

Post by Gary » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:35 pm

The page fold is a legitimate, creative challenge. The appalling legibility of the distorted text is ridiculous and unacceptable.
I have the answer (5 numbers) but needed many of the hints to read/guess them correctly.
My hint: during a visit to Berlin, US President Reagan challenges Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall - first 4 digits (the year) 5th digit (the month).
brownpanda

Post by brownpanda » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:55 am

Finally got this after reading the comments! How did you all work out to look at the other pages???