Page 6 ?

Valen

Re: Page 6 ?

Post by Valen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:09 pm

No idea Melp. Can you put the
Spoiler!
7 digit number that you entered
into a spoiler box please. I’m just curious about how it works.
Melp

Post by Melp » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 am

Hello Valen
Thanks for your reply. I literally typed in what was wrong. Literally. I tried it again tonight with both answers and both gave me the the same key. I'd be very interested to hear what happens when you enter it and your thoughts.
Thanks.
1st time using a spoiler I really hope this works!! [not sure I've got it so this is a test ][/spoiler]
Melp

Post by Melp » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 am

I obviously haven't worked out the spoiler bit?? I tried typing in the 1st set of brackets? Glad I didn't put my answer. I'll try again yes mastered it!
Spoiler!
[9853562 ]
Valen

Post by Valen » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:03 am

Hi Melp,

The site obviously allows for multiple inputs, as long as you have the right idea. Your solution is much simpler, I find it more elegant than the one I came up with.
Spoiler!
It allowed me to input 4 incorrect digits, 4 corrected digits, the series of 7 digits starting and finishing with an incorrect pair and the 7 digits with the pairs corrected.
The clue is that something is wrong, so the solutions allow for different interpretations of that. Report the error or fix it?

There are other pages that allow for more than one response, I just hadn’t spotted this one. I enjoyed reading the hints after I’d solved the pages, it’s interesting to see how other people think, and the book/site obviously allows for that. Thanks for questioning it, your solution might make it easier for some people to work it out, as it’s less steps.
Melp

Post by Melp » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Hello Valen
Thanks for testing it out. At least I know I'm not doing wrong or going mad.
I too like to look back when I've solved it to see how others have looked at the problem.
Thanks again