Journal 29 vs. Journal 29 Revelation

pooleutterson

Journal 29 vs. Journal 29 Revelation

Post by pooleutterson » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Curious to know if I'm the only one who found the sequel to be much more difficult, but not necessarily for the right reasons -- i.e. large leaps of logic / having to make connections between pages that are not clearly linked, etc.

I found the original book very fun/entertaining. There were a few puzzles I did not like, but that's inevitable with something like this. There were a lot more of those in this sequel, however. Perhaps I just wasn't as patient as when I played the first book. There were some in this edition that I really liked, but I found myself going to the hints board way more often. Admittedly there were a few times when my responses (after looking at hints) was to think something was clever and I should have thought of it. More often, however, I thought that I never would have made that connection, leading me to question how good of a puzzle it is.

Maybe I'm alone in this.
MrWizzard

Re: Journal 29 vs. Journal 29 Revelation

Post by MrWizzard » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:10 pm

Maybe little more difficult but I think is better:)
NanaV

Post by NanaV » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 am

Where can I buy the sequel- I live in the uk
estela1939

Post by estela1939 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:24 pm

Indeed I enjoyed trying to solve all 3 books. But i n the Journal 29 Revelation I found 2 questions misleading: On page 104 we have to mix colors, but we can only reach the accepted answer if we consider in one item color paint and in the other light colours. In question 98 one glass of water would never have the effect that gives the answer. Matter of refraction versus reflexion. These are 2 small points in a great book. Looking forward to a continuation of the story. It would be a great revelation