Page 16

Shruthi

Re: Page 16

Post by Shruthi » Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 pm

N is fixed . Find the rest . Make a word.
jamescobalt

Post by jamescobalt » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:14 am

Practice example:
Spoiler!
Your answer word is started out nearly completed as A _ R I C _ _ (in the real book, you only get one letter started out)
One of your keywords is AFRICA and it has SOLID SOLID SOLID SOLID EMPTY next to it.
The other keyword is TOPICAL and it has SOLID SOLID EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY next to it.
The completed answer word is APRICOT.
Puzzle #16 stumped me but I finally understand it. The most confusing part was incorrectly thinking the solid circles were...
Spoiler!
...referencing the location of the letters in the keywords. For example, if the keyword is FRANK and the circles are SOLID SOLID EMPTY, I thought that meant I'm using the letters F and R and then one of A, N, or K.
But that's not what it means!
Spoiler!
The number of circles next to a keyword tells you how many letters are eligible to go into your answer word but not which. The circles themselves are not in any important order. The solid circles could have been after the empty circles or in the middle or split up. The first two solid circles do not reference the first two letters of the keyword. If there are two solid circles, it only means that two letters somewhere in the keyword will be located in the same location in your answer. If you guess it's the 3rd and 5th letters in your keyword, then they'll be the 3rd and 5th letters in your answer word too.
The other thing to note is that based on knowing the circles represent the...
Spoiler!
...number of letters in each word that are eligible to appear in the answer, it's clear we're not going to use all the letters. We only need 5 more letters but there are 15 more circles. We'll have to assume that means there will be unused duplicates. We can also assume any letters not represented by a circle won't be in our answer word at all.
One of the keywords is already processed, and knowing that it comes from...
Spoiler!
...Notify, as the N is in the same spot in the answer, and that keyword only has one solid circle, we know that none of the other letters in "notify" are in our answer. So go through the other words and remove any Os, Ts, Is, Fs, and Ys.
Dianulik92

Post by Dianulik92 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:11 am

I am stuck on this page for 3 days
I have read all hints got the logic, but still cannot figure out the right order of the latters to get the word . Need another tip :x
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Spoiler!
the second letter is e
jamescobalt

Post by jamescobalt » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:00 am

Dianulik92 wrote:I am stuck on this page for 3 days
I have read all hints got the logic, but still cannot figure out the right order of the latters to get the word . Need another tip :x
Spoiler!
It would be helpful if you wrote out the steps you've taken to ensure you understand the logic. If you followed the previous hints, you know you need a 6 letter word starting with N. That means you only need the other 5 letters. Per previous hints, you can determine which letters you can get rid of to get your closer to the 5 you need. Can you write out each word here and the letters you removed from them? Or at least start with the letters you removed from Notify and Button?
Dianulik92

Post by Dianulik92 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:29 am

I found word, thank you so much :)
Utley

Post by Utley » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:50 am

Dianeulik92 wrote:I found word, thank you so much :)
This was my fav page!
Last edited by Utley on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OzmafaCaw

Page 16

Post by OzmafaCaw » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 am

I am basically trying to insert a contents page, but I want the page number to start at 1 on the second page. Is this possible or do I have to create a seperate document to create the contents page?
Olivia0428

Post by Olivia0428 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 pm

i have ne so far but i cant figure out the rest of it can anyone help me?
The DJ

Post by The DJ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 pm

You only need the letter n from notify, try crossing off the o-t-I-f-y letters from the other words and use the code at the bottom