473x

Re: Page 44

Post by 473x » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 am

Continue the sequence
Hrage

Post by Hrage » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:42 am

Spoiler!
Don't know how to relate the directions to the symbols..
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:49 pm

This is a more intuitive and abstract puzzle and less rational and empiric. It requires a lot of visual perception and even some intuition. It's still very enjoyable and doable, however. Below is a graded hint system leading to the answer:
Spoiler!
1) Everything you need is on this page (no outside knowledge or other parts of the book are required), and everything is important here and required for the solution (except for the dotted pattern at the edge of the page). Start with the text at the bottom. 'Lurrud' is not a word, but is better rendered as the pattern ' L, U, R, R, U, D, _, _, _, _ '
Spoiler!
2) The letters of the pattern are directions (left, up, right, or down). There are 10 symbols on the page and 10 elements of the pattern, the last four are blank and are for you to figure out. Those 4 final letters of the pattern are the answer to the puzzle.
Spoiler!
3) The LURRUD pattern relates to the first 6 symbols (from top to bottom) on the page. Think visually and determine what element of each symbol lies in the direction indicated in the pattern. It's different for each symbol and takes a little intuition.
The key to solving the puzzle is:
Spoiler!
4) Each symbol has a point or an apex of some sort (similar to an arrow) that points up, down, left, or right. The first, sixth, and tenth are the toughest, as they point equally in 3 directions. In each, however, only one apex points up, down, left, or right.
And the final answer is:
Spoiler!
5) The bottom four symbols point in the directions U, D, R, and U. 'udru' is the answer
Last edited by Tallis on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbibishop

Post by Barbibishop » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 pm

I had put in URDU and it did not work ...tried it in caps, lowercase, no spaces, commas and no commas....not sure why it’s not working?
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Barbibishop wrote:I had put in URDU and it did not work ...tried it in caps, lowercase, no spaces, commas and no commas....not sure why it’s not working?
So very close, but not exactly right. . .
Hazel

Post by Hazel » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 pm

So, yet again, the stupid font used in this book has stopped me from solving the puzzle without reading the hints. :( I thought the Rs were Ns. I've had the same problem with Fs and Ls.

Loving the puzzles but the font is driving me bonkers. :roll: