MylesN

Re: Page 6 ?

Post by MylesN » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:44 pm

help please
Larlé

Post by Larlé » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm

L.E9128 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:40 am
Tallis wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:03 pm Below is a 4 step nudge/hint system to get to the final answer.
Spoiler!
1) The number in the book is similar to, but slightly (and meaningfully) different from a mathematically famous number.
Spoiler!
2) You only need to concentrate on the first 10 digits of the number (and its famous counterpart) after the period/decimal point to solve this riddle.

Spoiler!
3) It is useful (essential really) to write out both numbers side by side so you may compare them.

Spoiler!
4) The answer is a four-digit code, and the sequence of those four digits to make the code echoes the 'shape' the number sequence makes in the book.
And the final answer is below. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER!!!
Spoiler!
To come to think of it... I was sitting on this one for about 4 hours... And I finally got tired of numbers and looking at them and just trying every damn thing possible. And the hints weren't any better. They kept confusing me, even this one that you wrote... Once I saw the answer I was like "How...? How did you get those two weird numbers and connect it with the other two?" I didn't get it. Suddenly I write down the pi number, all ten digits, and then I look at that number then the first 10 digits of the circle, and I'm still not understanding the comparison.... Then suddenly, I write the numbers on top of the ones on the circle..... Bam..... Mind blown for 10 minutes, and then I feel like shit lmao that's when I understood what you were explaining lmao the point where I didn't understand was the main number to look for. I think that if you're good at math... You'd be really good with this one. Even tho I at some point thought "hmmm, that is a decimal number, could that be.... Pi? Nahhhh" and ruled it out. But my instinct was right, however when I finally had it I didn't know what exactly to compare it too
Spoiler!
there are actually two correct answers. Once you get your four digits you can enter them in backwards or forwards. That was really confusing to me because people were saying the answer was something i most definitely didn’t get but I was still right! :D
Janastasiow

Post by Janastasiow » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:25 am

aldersmith wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:13 pm
Spoiler!
well if you know the number you'll notice some things don't belong...
Thank you! I knew it immediately but knew it wasn't right.
Spartacus_Mills

Post by Spartacus_Mills » Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 am

OK, I'm very confused.

I understand all of the following: (For people who actually know the answer already, actual answer contained in spoiler)
Spoiler!
I understand the number is Pi
I understand it is incorrect
I understand that I need to compare the 2 numbers, Pi and the incorrect version of it
I understand from reading on here the correct answer is 2689, or possibly some other ordering of this number

What I do NOT understand is how you get 2689 (or any reordering of it) from comparing the given number to Pi

When I compare the 2, when I take one from the other, I get 0.00007199973. This number, or any version of it I've tried, is not accepted. How does one get from Pi and the number in the book to 2689? What must one do to the other to get this answer? Despite many people posting the answer, nobody has posted how you actually get the answer.

Anyone?
KLB

Post by KLB » Sat May 30, 2020 3:03 pm

Spartacus_Mills wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 am OK, I'm very confused.

I understand all of the following: (For people who actually know the answer already, actual answer contained in spoiler)
Spoiler!
I understand that I need to compare the 2 numbers, Pi and the incorrect version of it
I understand from reading on here the correct answer is 2689, or possibly some other ordering of this number

What I do NOT understand is how you get 2689 (or any reordering of it) from comparing the given number to Pi

When I compare the 2, when I take one from the other, I get 0.00007199973. This number, or any version of it I've tried, is not accepted. How does one get from Pi and the number in the book to 2689? What must one do to the other to get this answer? Despite many people posting the answer, nobody has posted how you actually get the answer.

Anyone?
Spoiler!
You get 2689 as that’s the only part that doesn’t match between the two versions of Pi (book Pi and actually Pi).
DarkHorse

Post by DarkHorse » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:40 pm

I have found that for this riddle the website will accept two soloutions.

The four “wrong” numbers and the four correct ones.

However the bottom of the pages tells us “something is wrong, inform team” so i feel that the answer should be the numbers that dont belong rather than the numbers that should.

Fun fact: i’m sure most have noticed, the digits for both the “wrong” and correct soloutions are the same just in a diffrent sequence.
DarkHorse

Post by DarkHorse » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Spartacus_Mills wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 am OK, I'm very confused.

Spoiler!

Anyone?
Spoiler!
On the page the number is arranged as, 3.141599853562 and so on.
The correct sequence is, 3.14159(26)535(89) as you can see this gives us four digits and all you need do now is to enter it into the website.

Currently you can enter either the wrong arrangment (9862) or the correct one to get the key.

The Key is Zinc