Asking for hints

yoda

Asking for hints

Post by yoda » Mon May 01, 2017 12:52 pm

If you're asking for hints on a puzzle that already has hints supplied, it's best if you can explain why you're still stumped.

A simple "any hints?" query will largely garner a reaction of "well, there's three pages of hints before your post" from me, so if you can explain what you don't get, where you're stuck, or even that you've read all the hints and still don't understand, then it'll at least show you've read the hints beforehand.

I'm happy to help people out, but there have been times that I've literally quoted my own hint from before and it's helped someone solve a puzzle - a hint that was two posts above the request for help. So please do read the hints already given before asking for more!
Olivia0428

I really need help

Post by Olivia0428 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 am

I am so confused on almost every single puzzle in this book and I have gone through all the hints people have posted and I still am stuck and confused can you please help me
yoda

Re: Asking for hints

Post by yoda » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Helping is what I do here, but I have yet to write a guidebook for the game. These are riddles and odd little puzzles. You sometimes need to think laterally to find the solution.