Grab a 74min and stick it on the page
Alex52

Re: Page 61

Post by Alex52 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks a lot!!!!!
473x

Post by 473x » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 am

I dont get it. I put a 74min on the page. Still letters.
Kmnino

Post by Kmnino » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:37 am

Hi. I have tried to follow the hints here. but I'm struggling with this task. I have tried years, everything about cd, creators of cd, bethoven, everything about him and the music. but nothing works. Can someone please help me?
Tallis

Post by Tallis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 pm

This is a near impossible puzzle if you don't have a key piece of outside knowledge and a supplemental piece of equipment. Below is a graded hint system leading to the answer, which is a single word.
Spoiler!
1) This puzzle involves you figuring out a clue (74 min) that relates to an item, placing the item on the page and using it to reveal the answer which is hidden in the jumble of letters on the page.
Spoiler!
2) '74 min' is '74 minutes', which is the industry-standard length of audio time on a Compact Disc (CD). Unnecessary to the puzzle --but interesting to do-- is to Google 'why does a CD have 74 minutes of music on it?' to get the full Beethoven backstory.
Spoiler!
3) Get a CD and place it on the page so the (74 min) shows through the hole in the CD. Look at the remaining letters on the page, focusing on the ones that curve just around the edge of the CD.
And the answer is:
Spoiler!
equilibrium
pauline

Post by pauline » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am

This one is very stupid. Why would the author assumes people have this item available to them to solve the riddle?
Spoiler!
]In this day and age where everyone uses Spotify and Youtube to listen to music, who buys CDs anymore? I have none (zero) at my place and could not solve this puzzle without relying on this page to just straight give me the answer. Sure I used to have them around but moving in and out countries makes you get ride of the unnecessary clutters, which CDs were...
The book is meant to be solved with only and a pencil and an internet-connected device -- let's leave it at that and don't assume people have extra items on their hand...
Zpookey

Post by Zpookey » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:22 pm

pauline wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am This one is very stupid. Why would the author assumes people have this item available to them to solve the riddle?
Spoiler!
]In this day and age where everyone uses Spotify and Youtube to listen to music, who buys CDs anymore? I have none (zero) at my place and could not solve this puzzle without relying on this page to just straight give me the answer. Sure I used to have them around but moving in and out countries makes you get ride of the unnecessary clutters, which CDs were...
The book is meant to be solved with only and a pencil and an internet-connected device -- let's leave it at that and don't assume people have extra items on their hand...
Spoiler!
Well, you could always google the size of a CD and cut one out of paper. :)
Ianhtigh

Post by Ianhtigh » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:34 pm

Spoiler!
Its lucky i had one lying around is these days of downloads
Doenutty

Post by Doenutty » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:47 am

Late to the party, trying to solve the book, this one, sadly has led to my first post. I don't think I even own a single CD anymore, and unfortunately a film called 74 minutes has been released (2023) so kills off a lot of google results.This is the first clue that is next to impossible in terms of solving.

Have had a great time so far though :) Moving on, now I have the answer!
Mus3yeah

Post by Mus3yeah » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:51 pm

Nice one! Figured what it was about.
Spoiler!
Didn't know what to do though. Because if the people here whining about not having on, i feel like posting here (last year I've been only reading;) ) This book is about creativity. If you know the dimension (googling helps) roughly you can draw lines and figure it out without the exact object.
So stop getting picky towards the author, get creative.

You can solve it with pencil and a little help from search engines.